HVAC technician Job description, Salary, Job roles, Skills & qualifications, all you need to know is given below.
The job of an HVAC technician in any company is to ensure that the heating, cooling, and ventilation systems in the building are functioning properly. This includes regular building inspections, checking ventilation and cooling, and installing new wiring systems. HVAC technicians detect new system improvements and system faults, with important tasks such as repairing old parts and testing new parts.
HVAC technician job Description
- Maintain, install, and repair air conditioning, ventilation and heating systems.
- Sell maintenance contracts to current customers to ensure products last longer. Perform preventative maintenance to increase the longevity of any HVAC system.
- Discuss various options with clients when it comes to heating and cooling systems, and help them determine which option is best for their situation.
- Troubleshoot issues with a current system as they are noticed.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools and adjust system settings to keep temperature comfortable in the home or office.
- Travel to different homes and businesses throughout the day and determine problems in order to repair or replace the system before the customer is inconvenienced.
- Categorize and organize inventory to limit unnecessary losses to the company.
- Move to and from each job quickly to maximize your time during the day and ensure that as many customers as possible are helped.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school
- Current driver’s license
- Required state licensing for HVAC technicians showing state exams were passed
- Apprenticeship under a journeyperson for three to five years
- On the job training or experience
- Special certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants
HVAC Technician Salary
The average HVAC technician salary in the USA is $57,694 per year or $29.59 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $43,945 per year while most experienced workers make up to $90,000 per year.